Benefits of Blogging
Blogging for your small business has many benefits, for your business, your customers and also for your search ranking. Though it takes time and is another thing to add to your to do list as a small business owner, when done consistently and done well it can set your business apart and provide powerful marketing opportunities. Take a look at the different ways blogging can help your small business:
How Blogging Helps
- Boosts your SEO: Writing blog posts and optimizing them gives you more opportunities to appear in search engine results.
- Connects You with your Customers: Sharing your expertise helps you connect with your customers and target audience by providing information they are both looking for and interested in.
- Establishes You as an Expert: Blogging about relevant and useful information helps you to establish yourself as an industry leader in the eyes of your customers and in the eyes of Google.
- Drive Traffic to Your Site: You can use your blog in combination with your social media channels to drive traffic to your site.
- Social Media Exposure : Customers are reminded of your business when they see your posts, they share your posts on their own pages which expands your reach, gains exposure for your business and attracts new followers (read: customers).
- Learning Opportunity for You: Writing about your business or topics related to your business helps you to build upon your own knowledge base and allows you to research topics you’d like to know more about.
- Generate Leads: When you put together added exposure on social media, new connections with your target audience and the traffic blogging brings to your site, the end result of blogging is it brings you more customers.
These are just a handful of reasons small businesses should blog. It may seem daunting at first but once you get in the habit of writing and posting you will begin to see the benefits first-hand. Watch for my upcoming blog post on how to go about starting a blog for your small business.